ICON Mono is a simple, one-step antibody test for rapid and accurate detection of infectious mononucleosis (IM) at the point-of-care. IM caused by Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), is usually a self-limiting disease of lymph nodes. When patients present with fever, sore throat, swollen lymph glands or other symptoms common with a viral infection, ICON Mono can help distinguish these symptoms from an infectious mononucleosis (IM) diagnosis.
- Convenient one-step cassette format test
- Easy-to-interpret results
- Cleared for testing on all ages
- 99.9% relative sensitivity, 98.8% relative specificity
- 98.3% relative specificity WB assay
- Combines finger-stick whole blood convenience with EIA membrane technology for fast, accurate results
- CLIA Category: Whole Blood-waived and Serum/Plasma-moderately complex
ICON Mono provides clinicians with a fast, reliable and affordable point-of-care testing option that combines the convenience of waived and non-waived products into one kit. ICON Mono uses direct solid-phase immunoassay technology for early qualitative detection of IM heterophile antibodies in whole blood, serum or plasma. ICON Mono is packaged in kits of 30 tests and is shipped with four kits per case. Test kits can be stored at 2 to 30°C for up to 13 months from date of manufacture. Positive and Negative Controls included in kit.
© 2018 Beckman Coulter. All rights reserved. Rapid Diagnostics are products developed and manufactured by Beckman Coulter, Inc. and sold through HemoCue America, a division of Radiometer America Inc. Beckman Coulter, the stylized logo, and the Beckman Coulter product and service marks mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Beckman Coulter, Inc. in the United States and other countries.